Software Engineering Student Intern
PART A. General Description
Research is at the heart of Avolta’s innovation and industry-revolutionizing efforts. Our primary branches of research are: electrical-, mechanical-, and software-engineering. The software engineering team at Avolta is currently working on the development of a mobile app.
“It’s easier to invent the future than to predict it.” – Alan Kay
PART B. Responsibilities
- Actively attend, listen, and engage in your respective research meeting(s).
- Fulfill tasks assigned to you by your group leader(s) in a timely and professional manner.
- Always learn. Read relevant literature, even if unassigned, to propose key solutions.
- Post daily updates on the Avolta Network and check your company email regularly.
- Present your research progress and findings to your team at every meeting.
- Carry a positive mindset and be respectful when interacting with others.
- Work hard. Always try to beat yesterday’s record. Be an inspiration to your team.
- Treat the “Rules and Etiquette” section as the golden standard at Avolta.
- Reach out to a research associate, specialist, or manager if you need any assistance.
The compensation for this role would be pro-bono (unpaid). We do have plans on offering paid part- & full-time roles in the future, for which we will hire internally. Please note that our student internships are for students enrolled in Canadian colleges/universities only.