Position: Machine Learning Student Intern
Location: Remote (Toronto, ON)
Duration: 3-6 months
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
About Avolta: Avolta is a cutting-edge startup focused on revolutionizing automotive anti-theft security. Leveraging advanced technologies, we are dedicated to creating innovative solutions that safeguard vehicles from theft and unauthorized access. As a dynamic and fast-paced company, we are seeking a talented Machine Learning Student Intern to join our team and contribute to our mission.
Position Overview: We are seeking a passionate and motivated Machine Learning Student Intern to assist our research and development team in advancing our automotive anti-theft security systems. This internship offers a unique opportunity for hands-on experience in the field of machine learning, working alongside experienced professionals to enhance your skills and knowledge.
– Collaborate with the research and development team to understand the requirements and objectives of the machine learning projects.
– Assist in the collection, preprocessing, and analysis of relevant data to train and validate machine learning models.
– Develop and implement machine learning algorithms for vehicle security and anti-theft applications.
– Fine-tune existing machine learning models and explore new approaches to improve accuracy and performance.
– Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute innovative ideas to enhance our security solutions.
– Document and present your work, including methodology, findings, and potential improvements.
– Stay updated with the latest advancements in machine learning and security to contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
– Enrolled in a relevant undergraduate or graduate program in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Data Science, or a related field.
– Solid understanding of machine learning fundamentals and algorithms.
– Proficiency in programming languages such as Python and experience with machine learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch, scikit-learn).
– Experience with electronics (e.g. microcontrollers) and sensors preferred.
– Familiarity with data preprocessing techniques and feature engineering.
– Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
– Excellent communication skills to present findings and ideas effectively.
– Prior projects or coursework related to machine learning, computer vision, or security is a plus.
– Hands-on experience in a dynamic startup environment.
– Opportunity to work on cutting-edge machine learning projects with real-world impact.
– Mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals in the field.
– Networking opportunities with industry experts and fellow interns.
– Potential for continued engagement or full-time opportunities based on performance.
The compensation for this role would be pro-bono (unpaid). We do have plans on offering paid part- & full-time roles in the future, for which we will hire internally. Please note that our student internships are for students enrolled in Canadian colleges/universities only.