Legal Affairs Student Intern
PART A. General Description
The Legal Department is responsible for all the legal affairs of Avolta. The primary responsibilities include writing/editing rules and contracts, providing legal advice to company management, drafting legal letters, devising efficient defense strategies, researching and fixing potential weaknesses in Avolta’s operations, as well as expressing legal opinion on company conflicts and pleading all cases of Avolta.
PART B. Responsibilities
- Write and review rules, contacts, and agreements to legally secure Avolta’s operations.
- Provide legal consultation and advice to company management.
- Draft resolutions, letters, memos, etc.
- Express legal opinion on issues that are referred to the department as well as plead all cases of the company.
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies.
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions & operations.
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties, creating relations of trust.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts, and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights.
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces.
- Provide clarification on legal language to everyone at Avolta.
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- Learn how to handle situations with sound and clear judgment, outstanding communication, and a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
The compensation for this role would be pro-bono (unpaid). We do have plans on offering paid part- & full-time roles in the future, for which we will hire internally. Please note that our student internships are for students enrolled in Canadian colleges/universities only.